Double Advantage FAQ
1. Do not throw away the TekYa Double Advantage insert or package. The warranty PIN is located on the back of the packaging and is needed to register the product.
2. You must register the product within 30 days of purchase at www.tekya.net.
3. Do not remove the TekYa Double Advantage Tempered Glass from the device if the screen breaks. The claim will be disqualified if the glass is not on the device when sent in for claim verification.
4. You must call 1-844-283-9561 to start the claim process before you get your phone repaired.
How Does the Claim Process Work?
Call 1-844-283-9561 to start the process. You will be given two options to repair your device:
1. Use our preferred repair shop locator and don’t pay anything out of pocket up to your phone’s claim limit.
• Preferred Repair Shop Locator: www.fortegra.com/locator
• You’ll be emailed a repair ticket to take with you to complete your repair.
2. Have your screen repaired at the repair center of your choice, which you will have to pay for out of pocket and email your itemized receipt for the completed repair to TekYaRequests@fortegra.com.
• You will be reimbursed, up to the dollar amount specified by the product, for the parts and labor to repair the device’s damaged screen by check via mail 3 to 5 business days after receipt is received.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is covered with Double Advantage (D.A.)?
A: TekYa Double Advantage (D.A.) covers accidental damage to your device’s LCD screen.
Q: What is not covered with D.A.?
A: Damage to any other parts of your phone, internal or external.
Q: When does my warranty coverage begin and how long does it last?
A: Your warranty starts immediately (valid only with registration within 30 days of purchase) and ends 1 year from the purchase date.
Q: Do I have to register?
A: Yes, you must register your warranty at www.tekya.net within 30 days of purchase. Failure to do so will void your warranty.
Q: What information will I need to register my D.A. Glass?
A: We need the warranty serial # (located on the back of the packaging), device details (phone make, model, IMEI #, etc.), your personal contact information and proof of purchase.
Q: How many D.A. claims can I make?
A: You can make one claim with each D.A. Glass purchase. After you make a claim, you can either replace the tempered glass (for $4.95 shipping fee but will NOT have the D.A. warranty) or purchase another D.A. Tempered Glass.
Q: What happens if just my tempered glass breaks and my phone’s screen is undamaged?
A: Go to www.tekya.net/pages/warranty-claim to request a replacement tempered glass. This will not start your D.A. warranty over and you do not need to reregister. Your D.A. registration and warranty is still valid from the original D.A. purchase date.
Q: What is the difference between TekYa D.A. Glass and the regular TekYa Tempered Glass?
A: The Double Advantage Glass is the same great glass with an additional warranty for your phone’s LCD. TekYa’s regular Tempered Glass does not cover any device LCD screen breakage, does not need to be registered and has a limited lifetime warranty on defects in the glass only.